Thursday, April 12, 2007

DVD Movie Making

Making good looking DVD movies has become straight-forward these days but I still am often amazed at the results. Using software like iMovie and iDvd, it's fairly easy to create something that was quite difficult five years or so ago. I just finished up a DVD for my kids' school play (the third such disc and about the tenth I've done overall). My wife helps run the drama department and each year I've created a disc that contains video of the show plus a slide show of the cast and crew. I've also done a few weddings for family and friends. After some editing and a bit of added music, I add a nice looking cover and use a plastic DVD case so it looks professional. With a little effort it makes a nice package that the kids and parents can enjoy for years (or at least until we toss out our DVD players for something else!).

1 comment:

Nicole (coli) said...

Oooh. Whose that cute girl in the center with the black shirt and headset??? Oh, wait, that's me! thanks for adding me into one more picture!