Tuesday, May 18, 2004

Home Theater Idea

I had an idea recently for a inexpensive home theater setup. It involves an LCD projector, which I think I can get for a couple hundred dollars on eBay. Brand new they are at least a grand (they've come way down in price from just a few years ago), but I wouldn't need anything fancy. It could be suspended from my basement ceiling and project to a white wall. The quality from my experience for presentations is exceptional and movies would look great. I know it would be easy to connect my laptop to it through a VGA connection, but I'm going to have to read up on what I need to connect cable television to it. Perhaps it's just a simple box of some sort. The setup would be great for sports, movies and kid's sleepovers.

Now I just have to get around to finishing our basement!

No comments: