Monday, October 25, 2010

SJV 2010 Auction Cover

It was fun creating this colorful program cover this year. It was based on a logo I created for the event, but I added more detail and shading to add interest. This is the first year I made it full color. The first few years were done in two-color while last year's used three. Most of this was executed during my daughter's swim meet (not while she was competing!) and it came together quickly.


The look of the cover compliments the four adirondack chairs I'm also painting for the auction. The chairs have required a good amount of sanding, priming, and painting, but the final coat of urethane adds a nice shine and should protect them a bit from the weather and fading for whoever bids for them. The chairs have been fun though I don't have much experience mixing art with furniture!

No comments: