Monday, October 31, 2005

Remembering World War II

I filmed an interview with my father a few years ago about his memories of WWII. I had planned to possibly use it for an educational project I was involved with at the time. Instead, I've finally gotten around to putting it online to share with others. Instead of the full video, I've transcribed it and added photos. You can view it at:

http://users.ameritech.net/howdesign/ww2.html

My father joined the Navy in 1943 and found himself in the Pacific during some crucial battles. While war itself has many fascinating aspects, even everyday life aboard a ship can be revealing.

Since my father doesn't own a computer, I told him I would print out a copy and have him look things over and add to them if possible. Have a look yourself.

No comments: