Monday, December 27, 2004

Status: December 27, 2004

Monday. Let me start out by providing a look at what I need to do at the moment. I have two important goals this week: to get a large amount of the already completed work linked to a temporary index so our customer can see where we're at. That effort is mostly an organizational one. There may be small items to get in order though. The second goal this week is to get a nice start on a large Lewis & Clark interactive. This will require quite a large amount of art to be completed. I've done the initial storyboarding and have plenty of reference materials, both existing illustrations and reenactment photos. My only concern is that I can do it in a style that looks somewhat painterly and goes well with some old paintings from the period that we will be using. Before I jump into L&C, I'll work on the indexes and try and get a sense of how many items I can link together. Hopefully I can get most of it together today since I'm getting pressure from our customer to do it and one of their people named Gerald is working here on Wednesday. Hopefully I'll have something impressive to show him!

I may end up working alone this week since two others here are out of town on vacation and another has been stranded at her parent's home with car troubles (though she's not here every day anyway). Knowing that time will fly by this week, I probably won't get as much accomplished as I hope, but it would be nice to take advantage of this time to get a good start going into January and 2005!

No comments: